I currently have 9 pair of running shoes, and a standing arrangement with my husband to throw away a pair before I buy new ones.
This is tricky as I really need them all.
- The pink Asics in the back are for running intervals on the track. Obviously I cannot throw away these.
- The black and turquoise Brooks are my competition shoes. How am I to compete without these…?
- The purple Nikes have never been used outside. These have been my treadmill shoes for years. Off course I need to have separate treadmill shoes.
- The dirty, grey Asics are my only pair with gore-tex. I need these when I am reluctant to go for a run in the rain. Seriously — the gore-tex makes a difference quite often if it’s raining.
- The turquoise and yellow Saconys, back right corner, are my current favorites and my newest addition. For the time being I use them on the treadmill, but once the season starts I will upgrade them!
- The white and pink Asics in the front are probably my oldest pair. These are the only shoes with a high drop. It is important to vary among what running shoes to use, so I need these heavy and high-drop shoes for variety. Injury prevention!
- Sauconys again, white. I use these when I go for easy runs. They are light and have drop of 4mm as most of my other shoes. Nothing special about these, but I do need to have shoes for easy runs as these runs make up most of the km.
- Icebug, dark purple and orange. I got these from my husband for my birthday. I use them for all my terrain runs. They are very light and have a solid grip. Very happy with these shoes. Plus off course some sentimental value as my husband picked them out, and nailed it!
- Then there’s my old grey and purple Asics terrain shoes. I have had several pairs of Asics in the same size, but for some reason the size in these differs. They are actually a bit small and I have hardly used them for running at all. But I like their appearance — so these have been worn out by pure transportation walking. They should be recycled — there are several holes in them. But I just like them to much.
I have my heart set out for a pair of Adidas shoes as a new addition to my collection.
So …. which pair do I recycle next?